I read 13 books in April. This is a relatively large number for me. A couple of them were the food equivalent of potato chips: easy, delicious, and slightly embarrassing. Two were volumes of short stories. One was expected to be chick lit--Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale--but was surprisingly serious and one--How (Not) to have a Perfect Wedding--was chick lit, as expected. I managed three non-fiction books, one of which also was on my Gaps list.
Margin was the most useful book I read. In the Garden of Beasts was the most interesting. A Little Folly was the most disappointing/biggest waste of time. It wasn't bad; it just wasn't that good. And when you invoke Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer in your description, you should be GOOD. I realized about halfway through that I had read Up From Slavery in high school. (So much for gaps!)
I knew that Body in the Library was a re-read because I've read the entire Christie corpus, (ba-dum-bum!) but I really can't do a Vintage Mystery Challenge and not throw in Dame Agatha.
Is it horrible that I may have enjoyed the two J. D. Robb books the most out of the books I read this month? I'll blame it on post-Lent-and-Easter-church-secretary-brain-exhaustion.
33. Alex Cross, Run by James Patterson (4/2/2013) (Library)
34. How (Not) to Have a Perfect Wedding by Arliss Ryan (4/3/2013) (Library) (Genre Variety)(Name)
35. The Unreal and the Real: Selected Stories Volume 2 by Ursula K. LeGuin (4/3/2013) (Library)
36. The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie (4/4/2013) (Library) (Vintage Mystery)
37. Margin by Richard A. Swenson, M.D. (4/5/2013) (Genre Variety) (Nerdy)
38. Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale by Lynda Rutledge (4/6/2013) (Library)
39. Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington (4/8/2013) (Classics) (Gaps) (Nerdy)
40. In the Garden of Beasts by Eric Larson (4/12/2013) (Genre Variety) (Nerdy) (Nonfiction) (Name)
41. Witness in Death by J.D. Robb (4/14/2013) (Library)
42. Ladder of Years by Anne Tyler (4/16/2013) (Genre Variety) (Library)
43. A Little Folly by Jude Morgan (4/19/2013) (Library) (Historical Fiction)
44. Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb (4/22/2013) (Library)
45. Two of the Deadliest ed. by Elizabeth George (4/26/2013) (Library)