Monday, May 11, 2009

Book Review: Pretty in Plaid

I almost never buy hardback books, but I was not waiting for Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster to come out in paperback. This is the fourth book of her memoirs, and is a prequel of sorts, carrying us back to her '70s and '80s childhood. I put it at the top of my reading list for the year when I found out back in January that it was coming in May.

I'm sure that Jen isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I love her books. Maybe it's because I can identify with so much of her background. Maybe it's because she has done a lot of things that I would have liked to do, but didn't. Maybe it's because she can be so honest about her failings and still have such unfailingly high self-esteem.

Or maybe it's just because she is absolutely hilarious.

I laugh out loud when I read her books, and that is a rare thing. And it was totally worth it to go ahead and buy the hardback.

1 comment:

  1. I've loved all three of her other books and I can't wait to get my hands on this one!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete