Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One month down

One month into 2012 and things are sure looking better than last year. I have finished 16 of 100 books for my 100+ challenge, four of the 11+ that I need for my TBR pile challenge, seven of 12 for the eclectic reader challenge, 10 of 36 on the library challenge, and five of 12 on the mystery & suspense challenge. Three challenges are almost done. I have finished three of five+ on the memoirs challenge, three of four + on the foodies challenge, and three of 4+ on the dystopia challenge. The only challenge that I haven't made significant progress on in the European challenge, where I have read one of five+.

My favorite of the books I've read so far is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I also enjoyed The Hobbit well enough. Of the food books, Anthony Bourdain's is a wouldn't-read if I had it to do over, but I may read Garlic and Sapphires again sometime. Sugar Nation was a decent nutrition/memoir and was very motivational.  I read a number of mystery/cop/lawyer/PI books from authors that I like. Michael Connelly's & Sue Grafton's were the best. Faye Kellerman's was the worst. Of the dystopian novels that I read Divergent was the best and I am looking forward to the sequel.

Unless I just can't help myself, I won't be doing any individual book reviews this year. I just want to read. But I will be rounding up like this each month.

1 comment: