Thursday, March 1, 2012

Second month down

This is starting off as a good reading year. I've managed to read a nice variety of books. I've read 25 of the 100+ that I need to read for that challenge this year. I knocked three more off of my TBR list and two of them had been there for a while. I have completed seven of the 11+ for that challenge. 

I am at nine of 12 in the eclectic reader challenge, 14 of 36 in the library challenge, seven of 12 in the mystery & suspense, four of five+ in memoirs, three of four-eight foodies books, four of five for the European challenge, and two of six for the "What's in a Name Challenge." I have technically finished the Dystopia Challenge with four of the four to six, but I'm not counting it done until six.
Here's this month's list:

17. Love Divine by Alan Kornacki, Jr. (2/1/2012)
18. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (2/13/2012) (Eclectic) (TBR) (Gaps) (European) (Ebook)
19. Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James (2/16/2012) (Library) (Mystery)
20. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (2/19/2012) (Library) (Dystopia)
21. The Book Thief  by Markus Zusak (2/21/2012) (Gaps) (TBR) (Eclectic) (European)
22.  April Lady by Georgette Heyer (2/23/2012) (Historical Romance)(Name)
23. A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle (2/25/2012) (Gaps) (TBR) (European) (Memoir)
24. Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson (2/28/2012) (Library)
25. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer (2/29/2012) (Library) (Eclectic)

I didn't read a bad book this month. A Year in Provence was my least favorite, followed closely by Death Comes to Pemberley, which I wanted to love. Anna Karenina is finally crossed off my list. It was a slog, with moments of brilliance. Never Let Me Go, The Book Thief, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close were all very good. Each is a stand-out in its own way.

1 comment:

  1. I also wanted to love Death Comes to Pemberley, but I just didn't. Very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete