This is a challenge that I always have a hard time with. I buy books and then don't read them. And then there is always something new and shiny that comes along. So this is the first challenge that I think is really going to be a challenge. I'm taking part at the Friendly Hug level, 11-20 books. I will list them below when I'm done.
1. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (1/8/2012)
2. Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl (1/9/2012)
3. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (1/19/2012)
4. The Jungle Books by Rudyard Kipling (1/27/2012)
5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (2/13/2012)
6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (2/21/2012)
7. A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle (2/25/2012)
8. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins (3/13/2012)
9. Beach Music by Pat Conroy (3/22/2012)
10. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (4/24/2012)
11. The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle (6/22/2012)
12. The New Vichy Syndrome by Theodore Dalrymple (7/3/2012)
13. Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (9/25/2012)
14. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (11/4/2012)
15. The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes (12/30/2012)
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
Evie from Bookish - http://www.evie-bookish.
Nicole from All I Ever Read - http://www.nicoleabouttown.
Bonnie from Hands and Home - http://www.handsandhome.ca/
Donna from Book Passion For Life - http://bookpassionforlife.
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading - http://whatchyareading.net
Rie from Mission To Read - http://missiontoread.com/
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea -http://booksbiscuitsandtea.
Christa from Hooked On Books - http://christashookedonbooks.
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction - http://fansoffiction.blogspot.
Angel from Mermaids Vision - http://mermaidvision.