foodie and Europe challenges.
"What Counts as A Memoir?
I know there's a difference between memoir and autobiography, but for this challenge, we're going to define memoir as a record of events written by a person having intimate knowledge of them and based on personal observation. Published letters, diaries, journals, autobiographies, nonfiction books on the craft of writing memoirs ... in my book, they all count as Memorable Memoirs for this challenge. (Generally, biographies don't, but I could always be convinced.) "
The level I am choosing is Autobiographer: read 5-9 memoirs. I will list them below.
AYear in Provence by Peter Mayle
Jeneration X: One Reluctant Adult's Attempt to Unarrest Her Arrested Development by Jen Lancaster
1.Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain (1/5/2012)
2.Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl (1/9/2012)
3. Sugar Nation by Jeff O'Connell (1/23/2012)
4. A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle (2/25/2012)
5. I'm Not Leaving by Carl Wilkens (3/25/2012)
6. Jeneration X: One Reluctant Adult's Attempt to Unarrest Her Arrested Development by Jen Lancaster (5/4/2012)
7. A Mountain of Crumbs by Elena Gorokhova (5/27/2012)