Monday, December 12, 2011
The European Reading Challenge
The gist: The idea is to read books by European authors or books set in European countries (no matter where the author comes from). The books can be anything – novels, short stories, memoirs, travel guides, cookbooks, biography, poetry, or any other genre. You can participate at different levels, but each book must be by a different author and set in a different country – it's supposed to be a tour.
I am doing this challenge at this level:
Five Star (Deluxe Entourage): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries. I will list them below as I read them.
A Year in Provence
1. The Unknown Ajax by Georgette Heyer (1/3/2012) (This feels like cheating, but it's set in England and she's English!)
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (2/13/2012) (Makes up for an easy one! Russia.)
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (2/21/2012) (Germany)
4. A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle (2/25/2012)(France)
5. The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (9/15/2012) (Spain)
6. The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman (11/15/2012) (Czechoslovakia)