Thursday, December 10, 2009

Books to Read Before I Die Challenge


This challenge will give me some much-needed discipline. I need to make a list of between 10 and 20 books that I want to read before I die that I will read this year. I have until December 31 to finalize this list.

I will highlight and date them as I read them.

1. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
2. Swann's Way by Marcel Proust (7/20/2010)
3. Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (2/3/2010)
4. Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome (1/6/2009)
5. How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn
6. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe (9/8/2010)
7. Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien
8. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster (12/14/2010)
9. The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald (12/26/2010)
10. The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling

2 comments:

  1. Kipling. I need to read more Kipling, but it seems to demand longer stretches of reading time than I can manage at this time in my life. I want to re-read all of Wharton and Fitzgerald, too. "Children of Hurin" is on my list as well. Ooo... I think I need to blog this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I am so happy you will be joining this challenge. I hope you enjoy and read some great books in the process.

    ReplyDelete