Thursday, December 10, 2009

One More: The TBR Pile

I really have a ton of books on my TBR pile. I need this challenge. The rules:
** Pick 12 books that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.
** OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 “Alternates” (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn’t grab you at the time)
I will highlight and date the books as I finish them.

1. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (11/30/2010)
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
3. The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky
4. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (2/3/2010)
5. Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome (1/6/2010)
6. American Gods by Neil Gaiman (3/8/2010)
7. The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston
8. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe (9/8/2010)
9. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfus
10. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster (12/14/2010)
11. The Forgotten Man by Amity Shales
12. The Known World by Edward P. Jones (2/18/2010)
Alternates:
1. Swann's Way by Marcel Proust (7/20/2010)
2. In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
3. Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
4. Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir
5. The Fate of Africa by Martin Meredith
6. The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald (12/26/2010)
7. Born Fighting: How the Scots-Irish Shaped America by Jim Webb (12/7/2010)
8. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Relin
9. The Stand by Stephen King (4/9/2010)
10. Kristin Lavransdattar by Sigrid Undset

3 comments:

  1. I read In a Sunburned Country w/in the last few months. Thought of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Water for Elephants and was much less than impressed. I hope you get more out of it than I did. (When you reach a few scenes, don't worry, I skipped them.)

    Maggie R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Maggie. I've tried to start it twice. I've heard such good things about it, but,for me, the jury is still out.

    ReplyDelete