Friday, January 11, 2013

Reviews

Why Shoot a Butler?  by Georgette Heyer
3/5 stars
I'm a big fan of Georgette Heyer's regency romances, so I've been wanting to read one of her mysteries. It was decent, but not great. The story seemed draggy to me, and I found myself reading faster and concentrating less just to get through the story. In many ways it was a classic country house mystery, which has always been a favorite genre of mine, but I was slightly annoyed by the fact that most of the clues to the crime were withheld until the end. I will probably try one more of her mysteries to see if I like it better.

Loyalty in Death by J.D. Robb
3.5/5

J.D. Robb's "in Death" series is what I consider literary junk food. One once in a while won't hurt you, but you wouldn't want a steady diet of them. This installment in the series about Eve Dallas, a cop in the New York of the future, after the Urban Wars, was slightly better than the last couple. A bomber is threatening the landmarks, and people, of the city and is personally challenging Eve by sending her taunting letters. It's a race against time that she doesn't completely win.

No comments:

Post a Comment