I am really excited about my challenges and the books I plan to read for 2014, but before I finish the first of those, I figure that I need to wrap up 2013.
I took part in 12 reading challenges this year.
1. A Little Help From My Friends (completed 12/15)
2. What's in a Name (completed 11/27)
3. Vintage Mystery (completed 9/19)
4. Nerdy Non-fiction (completed 8/13)
5. TBR Pile Challenge (FAILED UTTERLY)
6. Genre Variety Challenge (completed 4/16)
7. Historical Fiction Challenge (completed 12/23)
8. Read-a-Latte (completed 11/3)
9. Back to the Classics (completed 11/27)
10. Tea and Books (completed 6/8)
11. Library Challenge (completed 9/14)
12. Reading Challenge Addicts (Failed, because of 5)
So, I managed to complete 10 of 12 challenges, while reading 114 books. I read quite a number of books that I would not have read if it hadn't been for these challenges. It is interesting to me that the one challenge I failed is the one that required me to read books that I have purchased but not read. It seems to be one of the features of my particular ADD that I am extremely moody about books. What looks so exciting one day can look completely uninteresting the next. This is part of the reason that I have been making much better use of the library.
Overall, even though I didn't finish two of my challenges--one of which was simply a challenge to finish the others--I consider this a successful year in reading.