I noticed a hole in my challenges today. I love historical fiction, but I know that if I don't have a challenge for reading it, I may not read much this year. And I need to read it. So I went searching and found a challenge that I didn't run across back in December.
The Historical Fiction Reading Challenge .
I think that I am going for the Victorian Reader level, which is five books, but I may up that. We shall see.
I will list the books here as I read them.
1. Embers by Sandor Marai (1/28/2014)
2 Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford (2/7/2014)
3. Belle Cora by Phillip Marguiles (2/11/2014)
4. Somewhere in France by Jennifer Robson (marginal) (3/ 9/2014)
5. The Ghost of the Mary Celeste by Valerie Martin (3/29/2014)
6. Nefertiti by Michelle Moran (4/7/2014)
7. My Name is Resolute by Nancy E. Turner (5/19/2014)
8. Luvvy and the Girls by Natalie Savage Carlson (6/12/2014)
9. Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather (10/27/2014)
10. Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith (11/13/2014)