Sunday, April 13, 2014

Review: Perfection by J.L. Spelbring

PerfectionPerfection by J.L. Spelbring
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I read this book because it was on a couple of alternate history lists and had fairly good ratings. I don't understand the breathless five-star reviews of this book. It is decently written, but not great. The concept-- that Hitler won WWII and that there is a stratified society based on the Aryan ideal along with genetic experimentation attempting to create a superior race--is very interesting. It could have made for a great story. But in this book it was really just the almost unexplored backdrop for a typical dystopian teen romance.

I'm trying to decide if I can really count this as alternate history for a challenge, since that aspect of it was barely more than window dressing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment