Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Mount TBR Challenge 2015

Never give up. That's what makes me join this challenge. Every year my TBR pile grows by more books than I manage to read, and I know 2015 will be no exception. Yet this challenge is valuable, because it gets me to read the books that I've been putting off, which are almost invariably GOOD. Something made me pick them up in the first place. And the books that I buy--whether physical copies or on Kindle--tend to be better quality books.

I am going to go for Pike's Peak, which is 12 books.
I should go for more. But I am starting a new business. Two of my sons are getting married. I just don't know how much meaty reading I will accomplish this year.

*Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2015. No ARCs (none), no library books. No rereads. . . Audiobooks and E-books may count if they are yours and they are one of your primary sources of backlogged books.

*You may count any "currently reading" book that you begin prior to January 1--provided that you had 50% or more of the book left to finish in 2014.  I will trust you all on that.

I will post my updated TBR list sometime this month. 

1. Brunelleschi's Dome by Ross King (1/9/2015) 
2. Yes, Chef: A Memoir by Marcus Samuelsson (1/18/2015) 
3. Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now by Maya Angelou (1/28/2015) 
4. Who Killed Hoosier Hysteria by Wendell Trogdon (2/8/2015) 
5. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows (3/31/2015) 
6. Mrs. Dalloway  by Virginia Woolf (4/30/2015)
7. Stardust by Neil Gaiman (5/3/2015) 
8. The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton 


No comments:

Post a Comment