Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quick reviews

The last several fiction books that I read each merit mention, but I don't have enough to say about them to write a review about each. So here's a quick run-down of what I read this week.

King's Blood Four by Sherri Tepper is the first book in a trilogy, and I will probably start the next one shortly. It is fantasy about a world that is run by the True Game. Part chess, part magic, part religion, the True Game is deadly. The story was good, but left me a bit confused. I hope the next book clears things up!

Good Luck by Whitney Gaskell is pure escapist chick lit. It was a quick enjoyable read about a teacher who wins the lottery on the worst day of her life.

Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly features attorney Mickey Haller instead of cop Heironymous Bosch, and is a great read if you like attorney/cop/murder mystery books. Michael Connelly hasn't disappointed me yet.

Cross Country by James Patterson is a novel about Dectective Alex Cross, but is different than the others in the series because much of the action takes place in Africa. The depiction of the horrors of life in some wore-torn parts or Africa may help open the eyes of some Patterson fans who would never read non-fiction on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment